Brockley Road School to Beecroft Garden
The school was opened in 1894 as Brockley Road School. It was built on land bought by the London School Board from Christ’s Hospital. Christ’s Hospital owned a substantial amount of land in the Brockley Area which was given to them some centuries ago by a man named Roger Knott.
The school building was badly damaged by a V1 bomb in 1944, during the Second World War, and it was demolished and rebuilt as part of a contract let by the London County Council for work on 16 schools. Following the rebuild the school officially reopened as Brockley Primary School in 1951.
Brockley Primary School educated many children into the next century until it was demolished in 2012 and officially reopened in the current amazing building as Beecroft Garden Primary School.