Friends of Beecroft School
Who are FOBS?
We are a group of parents and carers (similar to a PTA) who work with the school on a voluntary basis. We are a charity (registration number 1038934) that organises fun events which help to raise funds for the school. We then work with the school to decide how the money raised should be spent. Our aim is to raise over £10,000 each year for the school.
We have an amazing set of skills across the school that together can help make great things happen. We would love to have you involved and hear your ideas.
How can you get involved?
FOBS is a friendly and open group – we are keen for as many Beecroft parents and carers as possible to get involved, get to know other parents and together have some fun raising money for the school.
Getting involved may just be making a voluntary donation, sharing a small amount of your time, getting together with a few other parents and organising an event or volunteering to help at one or two events during the school year.
- Follow us on Facebook (@beecroftgarden) or Twitter (@beecroftFOBS)
- Email us using the form below or talk to the team at school reception
- Seek out the class reps for your child’s class (each year has class reps that are the liaison contact person between the year group and the core FOBS group)
- Sign up for easyfundraising and collect free donations for FOBS every time you shop – it’s really simple and includes many major online retailers
- Consider making a one off or regular voluntary contribution towards the school via MyDonate
How is money raised and where does it go?
Some of the ways that FOBS raise money for the school are:
- School events: we try to make sure that events are fun and accessible for everyone. Successful events to date have included school fairs, kids’ movie nights and school discos, quiz nights, jumble sales and cake sales, plus an Auction of Promises (a joint event with Chelwood Nursery).
- Tie- ins with local community events such as Croftfest & Croftmas
- Money raised through everyday shopping via easyfundraising
- Voluntary contributions via MyDonate
The money raised to date goes towards things like:
- Musical instruments to equip the new music room in 2015
- School library improvements
- The bee-carving stone mason project
- The Big Beecroft Garden Project
- Hi-vis. vests for school trips
- New gym mats for use in PE and gymnastics
- Lego and Knex for a Lego after-school club and chess sets for the chess club
- Paying for the Christmas pantomime, leaving photos for the Year 6 pupils and the Christmas crackers for the school Christmas dinner!
With Government cuts, the need for parents to come together and help raise money for the school has never been more important than now if we want our wonderful school to continue to be the best school it can be for our children.
If you would like to contact us please use the form below: