Our 2018-19 School Council Members!
Our School Council is made up of children from Year 1-6, each class has 2 representatives that were chosen by a class vote at the beginning of the year. The school council meet every Monday and discuss how they can improve the school and also help local communities and other children through organising charity projects.
The school council are split into 2 teams – Years 1-3 and Years 4-6
|Year 1-3 School Council||Year 4–6 School Council|
Anthony & Evie
Omari & Tayla
Orion & Sofia
Suri & Dil
Fraser & Olivia
Jospeh & Isabel
Kaleb & Emila
Mariella & Cassia
Adah & Riley
Tilly & Deni
Taylor & Holi
Esther & Leah
Peter & Eve
So far this academic year we have:
- Helped FOBS (PTA) with the school disco.
- Organised Children in Need – We raised £310 by coming to school dressed in our pyjamas!
- Took part in the Big Red Box – We collected and packed food for families in need.
Over the last year, the School Council have worked on a number of projects within the school and also in the community in partnership with other agencies. Below are a few of our latest and last year’s projects:
- Raised £447.49 by dressing up as superheroes for Children in Need.
- Collected food the the Big Red Box to help families who were in need at Christmas.
- Met the Mayor of Lewisham.
- Helped with ideas to celebrate World Book Day.
- Worked on improving lunchtimes by meeting the kitchen team, making Hall rules and creating a lunch board so everyone knows what’s for lunch.
- Invited Emma and her dog Luna from Dogs Trust in to meet years 3-6. They told everyone about how the charity helps dogs and how to keep safe around dogs.
- Helped to raise money for Sports Relief.
- Meeting the school governors.
The School Buddies are a group of children from Years 3-6 who volunteer to take on a duty during their lunch hour once or twice a week.
The duties that the children carry out include, ensuring equipment is put away correctly, helping younger children to manage their trays and clearing away after themselves in the dinner hall, calling classes in for dinner etc.
Buddies wear arm bands when on duty so they can be easily identified and called upon by staff if needed.